We've been trying out some new latte recipes and we just love this one. Made with vanilla beans and lavender buds this recipe offers a relaxing yet tasty start or end to any part of the day.
- 1/2 cup of hot coffee
- 1/2 cup of milk (almond or soy milk also work great in this recipe)
- 1 tsp culinary grade lavender buds
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
How to make it:
- Heat the milk, lavender, seeds of the vanilla bean and honey (if using) either in the microwave or on the stove, just until it comes to a simmer. Let it sit for five minutes, then strain.
- Pour the hot coffee into a mug, then top with the hot milk. The milk is great frothy, but this is optional.
- Garnish with a few lavender buds and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: The View From Great Island