Inspired by Crème De La Crumb, we tried out this fabulous Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe and we will never look back.
Whilst we’re the biggest advocates of Hot Chocolate powder, this slow cooker recipe is just a dream! It uses actual chocolate and a slow cooker to make your drink.
It may seem a long-winded way of making your favourite drink but if you ask us it’s well worth the wait.
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup of caramel sweets unwrapped
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 cups of double cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- Optional: whipped cream and caramel sauce
- Add the chocolate chips, caramels, milk, double cream, and vanilla essence to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Stir the hot chocolate. If the chocolate chips or caramels are not completely melted, cover and allow to cook for 20-30 minutes longer. When ready to serve, stir in the sea salt.
- Serve hot with whipped cream and additional caramel sauce if desired.